When there is a fresh blanket of snow on the ground but not nearly enough for sledding or to make a snowman…
Using Snow as a Blank Canvas
Supplies: Keep it simple. Mix and match supplies you already have, such as:
- Liquid water colors or food coloring (dilute with water)
- Assorted spray bottles, squirt bottles, droppers, plastic or paper cups
- Sticks or chop sticks (for carving lines in the snow)
- Markers (dark colors)
- Cookie cutters, lids (various sizes)
- Sand toys, plastic bowls and cups
- Durable tray or large container (to hold the supplies)
- Fresh layer of snow!
- Experiment with creating 2D paintings and patters.
- Play with shapes to compose reliefs and etchings.
- Sculpt 3D snow castles and mini sculptures.
- Be creative and have fun!