Try this 3D twist on the classic cut-out snowflake!
Supplies you’ll need:
- 6 white standard lunch bags
- Card stock or thin cardboard (to use as template)
- Double-sided tape
- Hole punch
- White ribbon or twine
- Optional: edger scissors
Instructions to “Build a Snowflake”:
- Cut bottom off each lunch bag.
- Trace bag outline onto card stock. This will be the template for the snowflake details.
- Fold the template lengthwise and off top corner to create a symmetrical point at the center as shown above. Along sides use standard or edger scissors to cut decorative edge details. Using hole punch, punch a hole in the center of the bottom of the template.
- Place the template over a lunch bag, aligning top and sides. Cut along template point and decorative edge. Be sure to keep at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the edge of the bags intact at the base. Use hole punch to punch out hole aligned with template.
- Repeat step above for remaining bags.
- Place strips of double sided tape on top face of one lunch bag as shown above. Carefully align second lunch bag and press into place.
- Repeat taping and aligning to connect all six bags.
- Thread ribbon through the stacked holes at the base of the bags and tie a loose loop, leaving at least 2 feet of ribbon to hang final snowflake.
- Place strips of double sided tape on top bag. Place the ribbon so that it passes between the tape strips as shown above.
- Gently pull the top of bags apart and carefully extend into a full circle so that the back face of the bottom bag aligns and adheres to the top face of the top bag. Press firmly together.
- Hang up your beautiful 3D snowflake!